Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 2210m
Other

When I turn the screen on it displays Dvi in green HDMI in red and vga in green but it's all in chinese I have the dvi and vga cords hooked up then the screen changes to a white box with Chinese writing and under it there is a red green and blue bar I am trying to change the default so the monitor will work the HDMI cord will display another monitor but I can't get it to display from its own modem 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ADRIAN2982 

I'll admit I'm having problems understanding the issue with your post ...

It looks like you want to change the monitor from using a VGA cable to using an HDMI cable instead, right?

But you have both cables hooked up?  Are they hooked both to the PC and to the monitor?  If so, that is likely the issue.

Unhook the VGA cable and have only the HDMI cable hooked up.

If you get no display on the monitor, then you will have to press the button on the monitor that brings up the On Screen Display Menu and scroll through the entries until you find one for Input or Source and select the HDMI. 

After that, it should work fine.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.