Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-k0003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Can anybody please explain what (Clock_Watchdog_Timeout) means, I’ve had a blue screen with that message on my pc, then it restarts to a HP logo and stays on that, nothing else happens. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Clock -- just what you think that the "timer" on a clock (oven, radio) does

Watchdog -- just like the growling/barking dog inside the fencing of the local tow-truck's company impound lot

Timeout -- as in sports (National HL, National FL, National BA, Wimbledon), a temporary stoppage of the "game-clock".

So, Windows has set a "timer", watching for some event to occur (such as a disk-drive responding after completing a "read" or "write" request), and then noticing that the expected event did not happen during the set period of time -- "time has run out" (like any TV quiz show limits the time that a contestant is able to respond).

So, restart your computer, and choose to run the HP Hardware Diagnostics. Some component of your computer is not responding in a "timely" manner. Probably, the disk-drive is failing.

How old is the computer? How old is the disk-drive? Maybe, its "lifetime" is coming to an end.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for your response. It’s a brand new all in one pc, out of the box just over a week ago. All I’ve on it is set up my ms email account, no apps, nothing. When I finished setting up my ms account, I proceeded to shut it down, the update notification came up to “update and restart” or “update and shutdown”. I clicked on the update and shut down, and waited for it to do its thing then it shut down. Now, the next time I turned it on it just stayed on for 5-10 mins, the screen went blank for a few seconds and the blue screen came on with the  “Your computer has encountered a problem it can’t handle……………….(Clock_Watchdog_Timeout message”)

Kind Regards

Kingpin147

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.