WarrenDJ04
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Completely wiping my computer clean

HP Recommended
LP028AV#ABA

Hello!

I have been spending days on trying to wipe my computer. I have looked at many different YouTube videos tying to get a better understanding on how to do it. Please Help!

1 REPLY 1
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,825 10,821 1,008 3,048
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It really depends on what you mean by "trying to wipe my computer".  If you mean completely wipe the hard drive so no-one can read any info from it, then use DBan.  You can Google for that free software and how to use it.  If you mean doing a clean install on the hard drive, then use a Windows install disk.  Please indicate the version of Windows you intend to use.

If you mean the Windows has been infected and it needs to be clean of infection, please indicate that.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation