Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-122na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  My computer has had an issue since I bought it, and I thought it would itself with updates, but it hasn't.  Also, it looks like it's a common problem with 50 different solutions (none of which work for me).

Basically, my computer will NEVER GO TO SLEEP AUTOMATICALLY.  It goes to sleep fine if I tell it to.

Before you ask, I switched my power settings back to the HP Recommended. 

When I run powercfg -requests I get this:

[DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (lots of text I'm not copying) An audio strea, is currently in use.

When I run powercfg /energy I get this:

Power Policy:Dim timeout is disabled (Plugged In)
The display is not configured to automatically dim after a period of inactivity.
System Availability Requests:System Required Request
The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep.
Requesting Driver Instance HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0867&SUBSYS_103C8437&REV_1000\4&d1bb39c&0&0001 Requesting Driver Device Realtek High Definition Audio
USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend
This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
Device Name USB Composite Device Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 20, function 0 Device ID USB\VID_248A&PID_8367 Port Path 9
This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
Device Name Wacom Tablet Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 20, function 0 Device ID USB\VID_056A&PID_0084 Port Path 3
Device Name Logitech USB Camera (HD Pro Webcam C920) Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 20, function 0 Device ID USB\VID_046D&PID_082D Port Path 2
CPU Utilisation:Processor utilisation is high
The average processor utilisation during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilisation is very low. Review processor utilisation for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilisation.
Average Utilisation (%) 6.88

I've tried uninstalling the Realtek driver and rebooting - didn't work.

I've tried troubleshooting - didn't work.

I've tried the requestsoverrride - didn't work.

I've made sure no programs were open - didn't work.

Can someone please help with this.  It's insanely frustrating that a BRAND SPANKING NEW computer has this issue.  It's such a waste of power to have this thing running constantly - not to mention that obnoxious red light that can't be adjusted.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Contact HP Support (Link) for a possible fix.

Let HP access your system remotely.

Maybe this method will solve your problem.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I had this problem also.

The solution was to go to Control Panel, Sound.

Disable Realtek Digital Output if you are not using it. Or disable Realtek HD audio if you are using digital audio.

This worked for me.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I tried disabling everything Realtek in Sound (even though that disables my sound).  Guess what - didn't work...

Now powercfg -requests says NVIDIA High Definition Audio is currently in use...

Thanks though.  It was worth a shot.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You should not disable all Realtek items.

You now have no sound. The audio subsystem is defaulting to Nvidia HDMI output.

There are no Realtek Power Management options in Control Panel, Device Manager, Sound.

You really should make sure your are running the latest HP version of Realtek audio before you do any tinkering in the Control Panel Sound applet.

I am telling you I know this tweak works based on your Powercfg query results. I had the same problem. This tweak in the Sound applet worked for me.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Install the latest Realtek audio drivers.

Then make one change at a time. Test. 

You cause confusion when you make a bunch of changes at one time. You won't know which tweak fixed the problem when you make many changes at one time. Or you worsen the problem.

Check and disable unused recording devices if applicable.

Make sure you check "Show disabled devices" in case you have to enable  any disabled devices.

Regards

HP Recommended

Everything is up to date.  And I have done things one step at a time.  I've done about 400 different variations, and none have worked.

This seems to be an issue that TONS of people have had as instances of this are scoured all across the internet.  Various solutions work for various instances, and many haven't been resolved.

I'm not an IT professional, nor do I want to be.  I just want some sort of solution.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm trying to help.

All I can do is tell you what worked for me.

Your choice is to either: carefully try my suggestions or wait for a better solution, if one exists.

A Realtek device refuses to enter sleep because a data stream is running.

You can't fix this in Device Manager. It must be corrected in the Control Panel Sound applet.

Regards

HP Recommended

Believe me, I appreciate any help, but you sort of just said that in order to fix it I need to fix it. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Contact HP Support (Link) for a possible fix.

Let HP access your system remotely.

Maybe this method will solve your problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.