Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP-OMEN 875-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Was wondering if there was any software that I could control fan speed with on my desktop. I realize already I cannot in BIOS and cannot use speedfan. Just wanting to know if there is any possible way around it. 

My Computer

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ShaneTheGOAT

This PC only has two fans -- a CPU fan and a case fan.  There is room to add a third fan at the top of the case, and if the problem you are having is that the fans are running loud, adding that fan should then lower the temps inside the case.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

The only fan I care about is the new fan at the top. Since I can't control it my computer decides to run it at max speed when it gets slightly hot. I just want to know if there is anyway to control it without a fan controller. Kind of ridiculous you cannot control in BIOS and there is no reason for it to be like this.

HP Recommended

@ShaneTheGOAT

Some fans also have a slide switch on them that allows you to set the fan to different speed, typically, three of them.  See if yours had that, it can be hard to see as sometimes, the lead is hidden along the side of the fan housing.

I had previously used SpeedFan to monitor my fan speeds, but I then switched to CoreTemp when that quit working well.

You can try using that.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.