Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion a6000

Have an old computer Pavilion a6000, I believe from 2008.  I had saved a draft email and later accidentally deleted it and I desperately need it back. Is there any way that it is saved on my computer hard drive somewhere???

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DeeD4 

That is nothing to do with your HP computer. Which client/agent of email software you are using ? Normally email agents keep DRAFT emails for a number of days in the Drafts folder. For example (for Outlook, other clients/agents should have a very similar folder)

draftx.png

Updated: Did you delete from Drafts folder ? Some agents/clients still keep on Deleted folder up to 30 days or so. Please check Deleted folder.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@DeeD4 

Email is actually handled remotely -- through an email server which is normally provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

When you download or send emails, they are exchanged between your PC and the email server.

The draft emails are usually maintained on the server -- but that depends on the individual ISP and the email client you are using.

If you do not see the draft email in the email client, it is gone and can not be retrieved.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.