Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I made the mistake of not deleting my old printer from my HP Smart account while it was still online. Instead, I just scrapped it. Now, of course, my HP Smart account shows the old printer as offline and you cannot delete it there. How can I remove the old printer - which I no longer own - from my account?

Thanx and best regards,

MuffNick

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The printer at the bottom of the screenshot is the one I no longer own ...

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-06 um 17.07.22.png

HP Recommended

Did HP give an answer to this problem????

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue, and my HP Smart page looks exactly like the screen shot the other user provided (only in English).  On the connected printer, the dropdown menu under "Printer Options" shows an option to Remove the printer. 

On the disconnected printer, when you click "Printer Options" , all it does is open a page showing how to add a printer.  There is no dropdown menu, so no option to remove.

There has to be a way to remove the old printer without reinstalling older printer drivers (?!?).  Someone from HP, please help.  I reluctantly signed up for HP Smart when getting my new printer, hoping it would make life easier, not cause me to have to spend an hour researching fixing a problem that should be non-existent. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.