Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop Versus Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wasn't sure what the best forum to use for this post.. Thanks for your patience and understanding.. 

As the photo shows, I have different results viewing My Devices under HP Support Assistant depending on what device I am looking at them from. Should I see the same results? Thanks for any suggestions / advice..  

HP Support Assistant Results.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Help_Needed_Pls 

@Help_Needed_Pls wrote:

As the photo shows, I have different results viewing My Devices under HP Support Assistant depending on what device I am looking at them from. Should I see the same results? Thanks for any suggestions / advice..  

The results are usually not "in sync".  I don't know whether it is a bug or not.  HPSA does not work as people tend to expect.

The answer:

Use HP Support Assistant on the local machine, that is, the computer on which the HPSA software is installed.

"Remote" monitoring might be TEMPORARILY reset / fixed if you remove the "remote" machine, Restart your computer, open HPSA, Add the device.  Worth it?  Probably not.

References

Download, Save, Install the latest supported HP version of the HP Support Assistant

Website / Information / Video / White Paper / Download

HP Support Assistant

Partial excerpt from the Website:

“Ready to go on your HP PC

HP Support Assistant is included on new HP desktop and notebook PCs. You can install it on PCs from other manufacturers for easy access to support resources and tools for HP printers and PCs. Click the ? icon on your system tray to start HP Support Assistant or download now. During setup, selected new HP PC models running Windows 10 will receive version 9. All other PC models will receive version 8.”

• After download:  If you have ‘Admin’ control, highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, select run as Administrator
  • After the software is installed:  Restart the computer and log in

Optional - After the software is installed, PIN the program to your Windows Start Screen

Windows key (Start) > list "All apps" > open category "H"

Click open category HP Help and Support

Right-Click on HP Support Assistant PIN to Start

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Help and Troubleshooting for HPSA

READ:  Get help and Learn about the HPSA software

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant - Windows 8.x and Windows 10

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.