showstopper22
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Disabling Function Keys in Windows 10

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I recently purchased an HP Pavilion Power desktop with Win 10 installed. I love the computer, but still cannot figure out how to turn off these dumb function hotkeys. I need F1 for a game I play (that's the main help menu), and I cannot get it to work because the computer thinks I want to adjust volume.

And yes, I have tried the BIOS setup feature twice now. No sign whatsoever of the system configuration tab or any info related to disabling these keys. Any advice? Considering how simple of an issue it is, it's very frustrating that I can't quickly adjust it in system settings.

But no luck so far.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,803 32,703 2,976 7,306
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@showstopper22

Sorry I don't have a general solution, but I did read about a utility called SharpKeys -- which allows you to map any one key to any other key.  If this works, you could then use a different key as "F1" and be able to work around the limitation, that way.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation