Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elite Compaq 8300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

There's an update for my BIOS (currently K01 v02.05 7/5/2012) but it doesn't work.
Apparently I need to update via another version.
But, do I really NEED to update?
Various advisers say only update if really neccesssary.
So HOW do I judge that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You judge it by need for changes the new BIOS offers. Many times the new BIOS is not needed other than such as increasing memory or changing the processor and old BIOS is not supporting it.

My opinion has always been-do not do it unless absolutely needed. I see too many people posting that their machine won't boot after updating BIOS.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You judge it by need for changes the new BIOS offers. Many times the new BIOS is not needed other than such as increasing memory or changing the processor and old BIOS is not supporting it.

My opinion has always been-do not do it unless absolutely needed. I see too many people posting that their machine won't boot after updating BIOS.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

WHERE then is the ACCEPT button?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.