Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does HP have any photo editing software available for Win 10?  I formerly used HP Image Zone (great product) on an XP computer, but never found a comparable HP product for Win 10.  HP Photosmart Essential comes up in search results, but it looks like that product has been replaced with HP Photo Creations, which just seems like a creativity tool to make stuff like greeting cards, calendars, photo books, etc, but no editing feature.  Thx.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can see if this software works on your model PC...

This package provides the Cyberlink PhotoDirector Software for supported models running a supported operating system. Cyberlink PhotoDirector provides complete tools to edit and store photographic images.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71739.exe

HP Recommended

I probably should have been more specific.  I know there are many photo editing tools available for purchase, I think the one you mentioned is $99.

I would have thought that my HP desktop or HP laptop would have come pre-loaded with some kind of a photo editing tool, HP proprietary or not, and if it did not, that HP would have a free download like when HP Photosmart Essential was still available.

Belive it or not, I still have my ancient XP computer, which I keep around solely for photo editing work using Image Zone, which I think came with an HP printer that I bought years ago.

HP Recommended

I completely understood your question.

The file I linked you to is free. 

It is from HP, for qualifying HP PC's.

It is either going to install, or if you don't have a qualifying PC, it will not install.

Since I don't work for or represent HP, all I can say is that you can look at the PC's support page before purchasing one, and see the list of software that is included with the PC.

HP Recommended

Hi DrewMon.

HP Photo Creations is designed for creative printing, but does have a number of core photo editing features such as cropping and brightening. Let us know what you'd like to do and we'll try to suggest a path.

We have tutorials on the editing features at www.rocketlifesupport.com.

HP Photo Creations is a free download for macOS and Windows at www.hp.com/go/hppc.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

I shoot pictures at the max pixel setting, in case I ever want to print a photo enlargement. But most times I just want to upload vacation pictures into online albums, however the size of the image files would make for lengthy upload times and the images would take up a significant amount of space.

To save space, I edit the photos using Image Zone, and typically save them at 70, 80, or 90 % quality, depending on the original file size. This greatly reduces file size, however the decrease in quality is not noticeable when viewing the photos on a computer screen. But the best thing about Image Zone is that there is a setting that allows me to keep the original picture size - so I'm not looking at a smaller picture on the screen after I've cut the quality. So, bottom line, I very easily wind up with a smaller file size and the original picture size, and the photos are perfect for uploading to an online album.

It's too bad that the Image Zone product hasn't been carried forward to the newer Windows platforms - I still keep an old XP computer around just for using Image Zone.

HP Recommended

Tried your provided link Paul and it basically seems to be a precursor version of the current HP Photo Creations

Like DrewMon I also had an HP Multimedia XP desk top and soon became a huge fan of the built in and provided HP photo editor that was provided within the multimedia capabilities of the HP system

To this day I miss the ease of use and special otions it provided which I've never found in any other onliner photo editor

I'm getting the feeling the photo editing part is what DrewMon was looking to replicate, in any case if I misunderstood his question or intentions, I for one would certainly love to replicate or get my hands on a functional copy of my old HP Multimedia photo editor if such a thing exists ... or if there's a valid replacement

And like DrewMOn I don't consider HP Photo Creator a valid replacement since it does not allow us to crop, resize and post process images and pictures

Thanks Paul_T

HP Recommended

HI Dan.

HP Photo Creations does offer cropping and resizing, along with core editing features like brightness and contrast. It also has stylizing features like the Blur and Monochrome Brushes. The Premium Editing Features upgrade adds more image-adjustment features such as hue and saturation.

That said, HP Photo Creations is designed for creative printing, so it may not have the specific features you want. If you describe in more detail what type of editing you want to do, we may be able to suggest a path in HP Photo Creations.

Thank you,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.