Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000i (1K4B6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Trying to set up my new PC.  HP insists I use the free DropBox software.  If you try to sign into your existing DropBiox account with 2FA set then it just goes round and round in a loop not giving you a dialog to enter the validation code sent on SMS.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You probably have popups blocked, active-x disabled or JavaScript turned off.

On some really secure sites (coinbase & txbit come to mind) I have found that firefox seems to get past the human test better.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

I can log in to DropBox without any problems including the 2FA.  Even though I set "trust this device" it still doesn't work with the HP extra space offer.  It accepts sign in then goes to 2FA (even though it is a trusted device), tells me that I have an SMS but just leaves a button to say Got It.  Click on this and just goes back to sign in page!

This is using myHP! App and going through "Complete your PC set up".  This could be resolved if you could decline or skip the DropBox offer, but you don't have that option!

HP Recommended

Except for peripheral I do not have any HP systems newer than Z-400 and have never gone through the "new hp setup"  If it is anything like the "Complete your iPhone setup" then I sympathize with you.  I take it there is an offer of free space on drop box and  was unaware you are running an app and not the browser.   Since a new system please contact the support line as you are in warrantee.

Regards

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Contacting someone in HP who knows what they are doing seems to be an issue!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.