Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I need to change my Login Name which I've learned today was misspelled, likely when I bought my laptop. This came to my attention while using the stamps feature in Adobe Acrobat; rather than displaying "Andrea commented" it showed "andre commented." After hours of trying to figure out what was going on, I found a file (which I cannot edit) called "andre" and I need to know whether or not I can change this to "Andrea Jarvis" (my name) such that I can use Acrobat in a professional capacity (I cannot use it so long as it says "andre"). Please, please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AJarvis 

If what you're talking about in terms of login name is the folder name in  C;\Users\foldername  that is showing as "andre" instead of "andrea" -- then no, you can't change that.

What you would need to do is the following:

1) login under your existing username

2) GoTo settings --> Accounts and create a new account named "andrea' 

3) logout ant back in using andrea

4) Go back into settings and remove the original "andre" account.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @AJarvis 

We don't really support Adobe software here. I'll offer a suggestion if it helps.

Are you saying Acrobat is pulling your name from your Windows Login account?

If so, Acrobat might still continue using the first name it found as its probably bound in the registry now (just my guess).

Here is one way of changing that on the versions that were around a few years ago. Maybe it will still work?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/change-the-default-author-name/td-p/5423958?page=1

IF that does not, I would highly recommend you ask a the folks at the Adobe Support Community.

They will know more about their software than we do. 🙂

HP Recommended

@AJarvis 

If what you're talking about in terms of login name is the folder name in  C;\Users\foldername  that is showing as "andre" instead of "andrea" -- then no, you can't change that.

What you would need to do is the following:

1) login under your existing username

2) GoTo settings --> Accounts and create a new account named "andrea' 

3) logout ant back in using andrea

4) Go back into settings and remove the original "andre" account.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.