Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I did not recommend you delete anything because I have no way of knowing what you have setup on your system.

But since you so kindly asked, I will have to take a "guess".

My guess is you have Windows 10 File history turned on. File history prefers an external drive to save Libraries, Desktop, Contacts and Favorites. Are the file history files large?

Windows File history can be accessed from Control Panel>File History. There you can turn it off.

Next, create some new files to be sure SimpleSave is actually saving your new files.

If SimpleSave is working, you don't need to keep File History.

IF not, then you will need to continue using File History.

If File History is not turned on, then I have no way of knowing what your particluar files are. You could save them elsewhere, then delete those on the external drive to see if it breaks anything.

BTW: I am surprised to hear you have SimpleSave working in Windows 10 as it was not compatible for others.

Hope that brilliantly answers your question.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much Photoray002.

This was just, what i needed, so I have accepted your answer as the solution!

But can I also give Kudos to the other helpful contributeres?

SAKUP

HP Recommended

You can give thanks to who ever you wish and it would be appreciated to do so.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

In this response, you said The HP SimpleSave does not work i Windows10.  I want to make sure I don't delete my information, is there a fix for that now? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.