cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
taherte2
Level 4
107 62 7 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Found McAfee running in task manager

HP Recommended
Pavilion P570-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just noticed the following tasks in Task Manager: McAfee Access Protection, McAfee Core Firewall Service, McAfee Management Service, McAfee PEF Service, McAfee Process Validation Service.

McAfee was pre-installed when I bought this desktop but I uninstalled it and installed Norton (two years ago) so I was surprised to see these tasks running. How do I get rid of them permanently? They do not show up in Settings/Apps/Apps & Features.

I suspect these might have missed unchecking something when I updated Adobe.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,883 65,596 12,556 21,639
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@taherte2 

There are many software you have to remove properly otherwise they can stay forever even uninstalled from Control Panel. For McAfee, did you follow the following way ?

How to remove McAfee products

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
taherte2
Author
Level 4
107 62 7 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I believe that I contacted McAfee and they said to just uninstall it from the Control Panel, which is what I would have done. It was one of the first things I did when I got the computer.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation