Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Windows 10 v.1607
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello...I'm currently running  Windows 10 ver. 1511 in an HP Pavilion e9110t with eight gigs of ram, Intel Core 2 Quad 9550 and Nvidia GTX 750Ti video card. Everything runs good and stable and does pretty much what I ask it to do. My problem is that Windows 1607 won't install until I finally reset the computer and the update went without a hitch. After the update I was unable to use my mouse and other USB perifrials. I checked device manager and saw that the USB Host Controller and USB Hub were not installed and flagged. I searched for days trying to find the proper chipset for my product and found that Intel no longer supports the G43 express chipset and nor does Windows v,1607. So I'm stuck with windows in a loop trying to install and failing to do so. Unfortunately it appears that I will have to stick with v.1511 unless a fix is available. Your thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I suspect that at Windows 10 ver. 1511 you are at the limit of the OS upgradeability.

The wall you are facing is the lack of chipset support available from Intel and pushed to Windows 10 ver. 1607. 

I am surprised that your GTX 750Ti  GPU  is doing well with less than a 400 W PSU.  What brand is it?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

How about identifying the HP desktop for a start.  

You have not provided enough information for any of us to give any relevant thought at this point.

There will be a limit to the Insider Preview versions of Windows 10 that you can install on your hardware.

Even the CPU is no longer supported by Intel. I think that you know that the G43 chipset is also pretty old tech. 

If you want to really successfully play around with preview versions of the latest operating systems, then perhaps you consider upgrading your hardware to something a bit more current.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply erico. I did identify the desktop as an HP Pavilion e9110t. What other information should I include in the description other than the ones listed?

I realize that the desktop computer was manufactured in 6/2009 but it still has life in it. I upgraded most of the hardware like the GTX 750Ti  GPU and the CPU to intel Core 2 Quad 9550 at 2.83GHz. The original PS is adequate at 350 watts.  I added an additional DVD drive with the original Blue-Ray drive. I'm running Windows 10 version v. 1511 with eight gigs of DDR 3 ram. The system runs fast and stable with very little hicups.

I've done all I know to achieve success at installing the Anniversary update (v. 1607). I was sucessful to that end when I did a reset of the OS however, I lost the use of all USB functionality. I checked into Device Manager which verified that the USB Serial Bus Controllers had problems. I attempted to update the drivers but Windows v. 1607 balked. I searched  the Net extensively for a possible workaround but was unsuccessful. I think that since the system shipped with Vista and I'm now running Windows 10 v.1511, it is quite robust. I would be happy to remain at v.1511 after I exhausted all options. Your thought?

HP Recommended

I suspect that at Windows 10 ver. 1511 you are at the limit of the OS upgradeability.

The wall you are facing is the lack of chipset support available from Intel and pushed to Windows 10 ver. 1607. 

I am surprised that your GTX 750Ti  GPU  is doing well with less than a 400 W PSU.  What brand is it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.