Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slimfit 260-a104na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have this desktop and I would like to boost it for gaming. When I dismounted it, it looked very small and I don't know where the video card would go. If someone could please show me the video card place please and thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
this is your computer, and then the motherboard model

HP 260-a104na Desktop PC Product Specifications

motherboard specifications, Geneva-C

Geneva-C motherboard top view

I am sorry to teach you, that it is not a gaming computer, and not upgradeable
There is no graphics card slot!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
this is your computer, and then the motherboard model

HP 260-a104na Desktop PC Product Specifications

motherboard specifications, Geneva-C

I am sorry to teach you, that it is not a gaming computer, and not upgradeable
There is no graphics card slot!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for answering my question. When I dismounted the desktop, I didn't see any a CPU heatsink and fan so I wonder if it's normal or not. And is anything inside the desktop upgradable?

HP Recommended

strange, it doesn't seem likely to me (strange, it doesn't seem possible to me)
I have not had this type of machine in my hands, but of all the computers I have seen, they all have a cooling system.
In addition, we can see on the image, the CPU with its fan!

If something is missing, there should be an error message at startup.
If possible take a photo!
Afterwards in order to check if everything is normal just check the temperature of the computer
you can try this:

for the upgrade there is only this:

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR3L SODIMM (204-pin) sockets
  • Supports up to PC3L-12800 (DDR3L-1600)
  • Supports 2 GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB SODIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers
    note:
    Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

52CB8DAB-588B-4614-A809-25B583B50E5F.jpeg

Thank you a lot for the response. So after upgrading all of these , would it be possible to have a better gaming experience? This is the picture of the desktop.

HP Recommended

Hello
sorry as i said it is not a computer for gamer!
It is only possible to "add a little RAM!
You can only play very poorly performing games, there is nothing we can do with this model
You can test this site to check if a game is compatible

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.