Level 2
31 20 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 700-149 HP Diagnostic Software - does it check cpu temperature

HP Recommended
HP Envy 700-149

Hello,

What is the best way to check cpu temperature on this rig?

Thanks,

V

Be the computer you want to be
1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 467 738
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VeePeeP Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to check the CPU temperature.

rom the Windows Store:

Get Pulseway - Microsoft Store

How to Check Laptop Temperature Windows 10 – Tricks, Tips, and Apps

What you decide to install depends on your preferences, need, and risk-level-acceptance.

Risk-level-acceptance is simply deciding what to install on your computer and accepting the risk that installing anything at all may -- or may not -- provide the expected results.

To get started, you might read about the subject.

Good article from Microsoft:

Thermal management

The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

You may first check if any process is running high. Task Manager displays the programs, processes, and services that are currently running on your computer. You can use Task Manager to monitor your computer’s performance.

Follow these steps:

a. While on the desktop, right-click on the taskbar, click on Task Manager.
b. Click on the Processes tab and check if any processes that is running high.

If none of the process is running high then I suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Let's start off by updating the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Once done, restart the PC and check how it goes.

Step 2: 

I would suggest you to check with the following steps to try and resolve overheating issues:

a) Clean air vents and check if air fan is working or not.
b) Use some software, then, check if your system's fan is working at right speed.
c) Do not use your notebook/laptop on a surface that block air vents.
d) Thermal pads might be burnt. Try replacing them with new one.
e) There might be some fault with the hardware. You can get it checked with professional expert.
f) Adjust power settings to your needs. Lower energy consumption will result lower heat generation. 
g) Never leave operating laptop with closed lid. This always generates heat inside laptop. You may close lid only if laptop will automatically go into sleep or hibernation mode.
h) You may also try installing latest software and drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation