Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All in One 22

I have just taken delivery of my new PC and the keyboard and mouse won’t work. I’ve tried new/different batteries to no avail. They both light up initially then the light goes out as soon as the battery cover goes on. Can anyone assist as I can’t set the pc up without them. So frustrating at PC have no technical support over the weekend either it’s a joke

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
I do not know if I understood well
They both light up initially then the light goes out as soon as
the battery cover goes on
Is it every time it is clipped, it goes out, and neither one nor the other works?
So if it's just closing the lid, if you don't it should work, right?
Have you tried, at least the time to configure the pc?
If there is a hardware defect, there is nothing we can do here!
that said it amazes me to have the problem with both at the same time, for the mouse, sometimes it's normal the LED goes out but it can work!
Don't you have the possibility, if not, to have another keyboard borrowed, the time to configure the pc and to be able to contact HP?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

HI No this does not work as by the time i sit the keyboard on the table flat, the light is out and it does not work.  There was an error message on the screen when I plugged the PC in which said "keyboard error".  I have been unable to set the PC up at all as a result of this.  I contacted your support team via Messenger (the only option available on a saturday) and the lady i got was as much use as a Chocolate teapot.  After 45 mins of providing her with the information eg Serial No, product, my personal details etc etc  TWICE as she failed to read this on my initial message to her, she decided to actually read the initial message then proceeded to tell me she couldnt help and that I should contact HP on Monday for a replacement.  The worst Customer Service I have endured for a long time.  A £400 PC arrives faulty is bad enough but her level of care and interest was diabolical and no i dont have a spare mouse and keyboard lying around to see if it works.  I expected better from HP.  If I had bought this on the High Street it would have been returned today and replaced.

HP Recommended

Sorry, but this is not my team I am neither directly nor by far employed by HP
So, indeed, it’s obviously a hardware problem, and there is nothing i can do , it s need to replace it I think
HP support is available on weekdays only, I can't help it, sorry
I hope this will be resolved quickly
Sorry, I did not understand the end of the message, it is not possible to return to the seller could it be faster?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.