cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peterk55
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Assitant updated itself + failed to install.. now inoperative .

HP Recommended
Elitedesk 800 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

With the new  elitedesk all up and runnng, HP  support Assitant tried to upgrade its self to version  9.5.192.0 , but it falied too install. I tried uninstalling it, redownloading and  reinstall it, and although it  says at the end,  HPSA  successfully installed  and is indeed present in  "Add remove Programs" in windows, there is no  HPSA icon in the  taskbar systray as there was before. 

There is an icon on the desktop which says HP support Assistant, but  the icon is a blank white picture, no actual image. When i  click on it, an error comes up  "Package failed updates, dependancy or conflict validation"

HPSA is listed in the windows start menu, but  clicking it  gives no response at all.. nothing pops up.

I read that  a clean uninstall  of HPSA requires  uninstalling HP  framework solution.. but  its not listed in  Add remove programs"

The latest  windows updates are all installed including  NET framework... its all up to date.

Penny for your thoughts

best regards

Peter

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation