Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP BIOS Configuration Utility
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to set LAN/WLAN switching to be set as enabled with BCU and I am getting the below error message. I cannot seem to to the syntax correct no matter what I try? I know it will be something simple missing but can't see to work it what it is

/getvalue:"setting" Retrieves and displays the value of the given setting.

PS C:\software\bios> .\BiosConfigUtility.exe /getvalue:”LAN / WLAN Auto Switching"
<BIOSCONFIG Version="" Computername="***********" Date="2018/03/14" Time="15:46:18" UTC="0">
<SETTING changeStatus="pass" name = "LAN / WLAN Auto Switching" returnCode="0">
<VALUE><![CDATA[*Disabled,Enabled]]></VALUE>
</SETTING>
<ERROR msg="Get BIOS configuration failed, unable to open output file" />
<Information msg="BCU return value" real="0" translated="0" />
</BIOSCONFIG>

/setvalue:"setting","value"

PS C:\software\bios> .\BiosConfigUtility.exe /setvalue:”LAN / WLAN Auto Switching","*Enabled"
<BIOSCONFIG Version="" Computername=""***********" Date="2018/03/14" Time="15:44:58" UTC="0">
<SETTING changeStatus="fail" name="LAN / WLAN Auto Switching" returnCode="4">
<OLDVALUE><![CDATA[Disabled]]></OLDVALUE>
<VALUE><![CDATA[]]></VALUE>
</SETTING>
<ERROR msg="An operation failed" />
<ERROR msg="BCU return value" real="4" translated="4" />
</BIOSCONFIG>

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

Please make sure you are using the last HP BCU https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81841.exe 

If already using it, suggest to use the setconfig as setvalue is failing 

First run a BiosConfigUtility.exe getconfig:biosetup.txt  

to get the bios config in text file. edit the value you want to change and save the text file 

then perform a setconfig with the text file 

BiosConfigUtility.exe getconfig:biosetup.txt  

regards

PC_bam

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP. Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.