Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 21-h010 Touch Smart All in One
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

As this is my first post please let me know if there's any problems with my post. 

I reinstalled HP support services within the last 60 days. I removed unused software to save resources, didn't help much.

Recently I've noticed continued errors with both HP support Solutions framework service and CASL Framework service.  At this point CASL service is giving me an event ID: 7000, 7009 error. It states the service failed to start due to a failure to respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. Also a timeout was reached while waiting for service to connect (7009). The service was set to automatic start at the time.

I've ran all the cleanup including sfc /scannow which showed nothing. I followed with DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which repaired a few things. I ran the next three in succession DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore. The component store needed attention and was successfully brought back to health.

The only download with in the last month was an HP Deskjet 3720. I did update the firmware which may be causing other issues. I haven't opened Event Viewer for maybe two months but the printer pushed me that way. I'm running Avast which is next up. Oh I'm hard wired to my router and all updates have been carefully looked over and have no problems.

On a side note the 4G of ram is killing me. 

I know it's long but this all in one is giving me fits. Also, I know enough to get myself into trouble. I'm thinking reinstall the services or remove all together. I'd be grateful for the help.

Mr_Fixie

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit

Author Unknown
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Mr_Fixie,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you uninstall HP support assistant follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03601631

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mr_Fixie,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you uninstall HP support assistant follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03601631

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I uninstalled  HP Support Solutions Framework and HP Support Assistant. I then re-installed both with no problems. I also opened services and put HP CASL Framework Service and HP Support Solutions Framework Service startup type to manual. Restarted computer so far so good. On to the next problem (mscoree.dll) in another post.

Thanks again.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit

Author Unknown
HP Recommended

@Mr_Fixie,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.