1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Device Manager - Communication Error between Master Repository and Gateways

HP Recommended
HP Device Manager
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

Hey Community,

I got some issues by configuring an Multi Tier architecture of HP Device Manager (Thinclient Management). 

The setup I have:

1 HP Device Manager (Gateway, Master Repository, Server and Agent) 

Multiple HP Device Manager Gateways in remote locations attached via Private WAN with firewall in the middle

When I installed everything, I wanted to Search for Gateways in my Master Server to get connection towards the remote Gateways.

However when I click Discover > Discover HPDM Gateway, there is an error showing for all of the Gateways --> Communication error..

For the machines, where I didn't installed the HPDM yet, there is another failure --> Gateway unconnected (which is expected)

Does anyone had same problems, or what was your procedure for this case?

* I checked the firewall ports already, they are not filtered (400xx Port range, 6x port range etc.)

* Is there any certificate which needs to be exchanged, if yes, how?

* I installed the latest Service Pack on them

Thank you very much 😉

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation