cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
Chicalica
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP ENVY 23 Touch Smart Desktop needs Bluetooth driver for Windows 10

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23-d180ea TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My pc has updated the operating system (I think to Windows 10) and is no longer talking to the mouse or the keyboard! I stupidly deleted the bluetooth driver as it didn't seem to be working. I now find I can't download another driver and the problem all along may simply have been that the keyboard had run out of battery. 😞

Can anybody help?

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
145,161 68,722 22,857 35,043
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list for your PC indicates that it comes with a HP Ralink RT5390 Flamingo Wi-Fi adapter.

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=D2N48EA

That model adapter is not a combination wifi/Bluetooth adapter, which means your PC never had built in Bluetooth networking.

The product specs don't even indicate that it even came with wireless networking.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03740215

The specs do indicate that it came with a wireless keyboard and mouse though.

Most wireless keyboards and mice use a separate USB dongle to work.

So there is some other issue you are having.

Check the batteries in both devices, and remove and re-insert the USB dongle that they must be using to connect to the PC.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation