16 7 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Hardware diagnostics does not run

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0057c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello group,

I've been having some issues with my computer, and when I try to launch the HP Hardware Diagnostics, it hangs on the white box. Nothing happens. I am running the latest version; I've uninstalled and then reinstalled and I am getting the same problem.

I keep my system up-to-date; I've launched the support function and the scans I can do tell me there's not a problem with the operating system.

What would you suggest I do?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Lil_Boy_Blue
Level 12
7,692 7,654 332 704
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Amended to avoid offence.

0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,821 4,755 529 2,072
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
sorry but why give first, a link for updating the bios, then give the manipulation for a restoration of the bios
You should already know if the pc does not have a particular problem?
If the update of the bios goes wrong, because the pc already has a problem, it may not work at all!
It would be best to use a usb stick as instructed to check if the tests are working

If the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics cannot test the computer from the hard drive, run the tests from a USB device. To do so, download and install the latest version of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) on a USB device.

Turn off the computer.
Insert the USB device with the PC Hardware Diagnostics into a USB port on the computer.
Turn on the computer, then press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu displays.

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation