Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN for HP 870-244ND
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have changed the default OS, to Windows 10 Enterprise. 

I would like to use the OMEN Control software. The software is not mentioned on the support page for this model. I found some links to different HP SPs for this, but the Omen Controll software says I am missing Syncon.dll, so it can't start.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you had or have recovery media for your Omen, then installing it by use of the HP Recovery Manager would be simple.

I have brought this up to HP as recently as yesterday. I have not had a response as to when the software that should be available for the Omen X and Omen 870 will be made available.  It appears that only certain Omen 870-000 and 850-00 models's have the software. It depends on the motherboard that is installed.

Can you make a digital snaphot of the Windows.old folder where you see the Omen control and post it here?

You can use the Windows snipping tool to do that from within Windows.

@pvk1

Try the folowing Omen Control software. It is for the Omen 870-000 series that yours is in. This Omen Control software works for any Omen 870-200 series PC code named Twister 1.2. I just found it today.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76864.exe

Let me know if it worked.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Try the following version. Let us know if it worked.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71672.exe

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Nope, this is Phoenix control, rather than Omen Control. It does not work unfortunately.

HP Recommended

WAs your desktop delivered with the Omen control center or Phoenix control?

Not all models were.

HP Recommended
The desktop is delivered with Omen control.
HP Recommended

I did some further digging. There is a folder HPPhoenixCtrl in Windows.Old in Program Files (x86)/HP

But when I start the app HPPhoenixCtrl, it shows "OMEN Control" at the top.

This app does nothing however. (I can change things, but it has no effect).

HP Recommended

Right-click the executable file and run it in compatibility mode for the previous OS.

Did you create recovery media?

If you did, it should be ininstallable from the Programs and drivers section of the HP Recovery Manager.

The HP Recovery Manager does more that just serve as an emergency plan B.

HP Recommended

My PC came with Windows 10 Home and the Omen software installed. I assume HP has the software somewhere. I don't want software that I need to run in compatibility mode, I am just asking where HP has the software. 

Thanks

Pieter

HP Recommended

If you had or have recovery media for your Omen, then installing it by use of the HP Recovery Manager would be simple.

I have brought this up to HP as recently as yesterday. I have not had a response as to when the software that should be available for the Omen X and Omen 870 will be made available.  It appears that only certain Omen 870-000 and 850-00 models's have the software. It depends on the motherboard that is installed.

Can you make a digital snaphot of the Windows.old folder where you see the Omen control and post it here?

You can use the Windows snipping tool to do that from within Windows.

@pvk1

Try the folowing Omen Control software. It is for the Omen 870-000 series that yours is in. This Omen Control software works for any Omen 870-200 series PC code named Twister 1.2. I just found it today.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76864.exe

Let me know if it worked.

HP Recommended

Thanks, this is the correct one and it works.

yes it would help if you don't have to search forums to get the right software, so hopefully HP can place this in the list of software for the model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.