Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Fantastic!  Be sure and save that somewhere  safe with all of the other drivers for your Omen. 

I keep a USB flash drive with drivers in my safe  just for that purpose.

🙂

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

thank you for the link. I been scouring around for this solution as my desktop was just displaying the same default colours. Downloaded the link and hey presto!! I got pretty colours

HP Recommended

I am required to open OMEN Control at each and every Bootup, to enable me to choose the Colour sequence.

OMEN 870-230na model. I have tried for a solution for the past few weeks without success from HP. Software manual states that changes should be saved, this facility is not available in OMEN Control. Are there two versions of OMEN Control? Surely HP Support can, but fails to correct this omision. weeman.

HP Recommended

Hi, I think there are two versions of OMEN, as the one I have does not have a save facility. I had issues with the OMEN software as it kept going through the deafult colours, and no matter what I chose, even single colour did not change.

I found that the link that was put on here solved my issues.

Here is the link to the OMEN control that worked for me.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76864.exe

I hope it helps you too

HP Recommended

Certainly sp76864.exe has no save, as this is what installed in my computer. Reading various entries, appears we are all searching for the same solution, of not having to configure the colour scheme of our choice other than to set OMEM Control at each and every bootup. When is HP Support going to act and correct? weeman.j

HP Recommended

What is up? HP Support. OMEN Control is on the whole time, there is no control what so ever. Uninstalling OMEN Control software from the Computer is carried out but after a new Bootup the LED are still present and run in sequence. How can this be! the software has been removed and still the light sequence is running. "Comments Please".

HP Recommended

SP76864 installed is without doubt different in content as to what is discribed in the OMEM Control for 870-203na. I have read numerous Messages on this aspect, and simply appears to be going round in circles for an answer to solve this error. HP should show more interest to people like myself, who chose to buy their computer but are now being let down badly.

HP Recommended

If you had or have recovery media for your Omen, then installing it by use of the HP Recovery Manager would be simple. I have brought this up to HP as recently as yesterday. I have not had a response as to when the software that should be available for the Omen X and Omen 870 will be made available. It appears that only certain Omen 870-000 and 850-00 models's have the software. It depends on the motherboard that is installed. Can you make a digital snaphot of the Windows.old folder where you see the Omen control and post it here? You can use the Windows snipping tool to do that from within Windows. @pvk1 Try the folowing Omen Control software. It is for the Omen 870-000 series that yours is in. This Omen Control software works for any Omen 870-200 series PC code named Twister 1.2. I just found it today. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76864.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.