Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP pre-installs 18 programs for seemingly no reason that I can find. The only application that I can find value from is the HP Support Assistant for Drivers. Are there any other applications that I am overlooking and should not remove? If not, why does HP still install all this useless software?

Below are the applications in question:

1. HP Client Security Manager

2. HP Collaboration Keyboard/For Cisco UCC

3. HP Collaboration Keyboard for Skype for Business

4. HP Connection Optimizer

5. HP Dock Audio

6. HP Documentation

7. HP JumpStarts

8. HP MAC Address Manager

9. HP Notifications

10. HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows

11. HP Power Manager

12. HP Privacy Settings

13. HP Smart

14. HP Support Assistant

15. HP Sure Recover

16. HP Sure Run

17. HP System Information

18. HP Update

19. Synaptics Touchpad Settings Manager - Commercial

I know this question has been asked a few years ago but I wanted to throw it out there again in case things have changed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@agalmethu35 

I'm not about to go into explaining each one -- as you clearly see no value to them -- but I will mention a few that you should keep:

Mac Address Manager -- useful to know the MacAddress of your PC if you use options in your router to only allow certain addresses in order to keep your home network secure

Hardware Diagnostics -- useful for diagnosing hardware issues

System Information -- useful for finding out details about your system

Update -- useful for obtaining HP updates for your PC

Synaptics Touchpad settings -- for managing your touchpad settings.

I would also suggest you read up on the others before you summarily dismiss them as Bloatware -- without even apparently knowing what they do.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.