Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP SimpleSave
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Error:

• Administrator has blocked you from running this app
  • VSSUACToken.exeSimpleSave2.jpg

Last successful backup was March 2018.

Tried running in administrator and Troubleshoot Combability mode, neither worked

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply and attempting to help with an "Old" HP device.

I can mount the drive and access all of the backup files, but not able to perform a new backup.

The last backup in March of 2018 was successful using Win 10.  I assume the last Win10 software update push is responsible for causing the problem.

I will attempt to try your suggestions and search Google for some other ideas.

Thanks, 😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DFloyd02

In so much that I am aware, SimpleSave is not supported in Windows 10.   The farther away you get from "supported" (newer and newer versions of Windows 10), the more noticable will be the issues encountered in older software.

All the following is "Hunting for Easter Eggs" - no clue whether any of it is useful or relevant...

That said, if this is the same SimpleSave software that  has been around since dirt was new, then you might be able to correct the issue by opening the SimpleSave software on the disk where the program resides to set up / edit / manage the backups / schedule.

The failure you are seeing is in your personal AppData path -- if you can reset the backups from the software source, you might be able to bypass the error in your AppData folder.

Maybe create a new user account > edit the new account and set the account type to "admin" >

create / set / run the SimpleSave program from the new account.

As a matter of fact...

If you can still get into the software AND if this is indeed the vintage (dirt aged) SimpleSave of years past, then my personal advice is to somehow copy / export / get the data out of that proprietary software and put it somewhere "else".  Anywhere else.  Cloud, a couple of USB drives, another external disk...

You could also try switching OFF (temporarily) the UAC control.  I don't recommend leaving UAC switched off; it might be worthwhile to try this so you can perhaps get into the software / backups.

Forgive the use of "/" througout my post -- I have not seen this software in a lot of years and my memory of its failures are clearer than how to manage it fully.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply and attempting to help with an "Old" HP device.

I can mount the drive and access all of the backup files, but not able to perform a new backup.

The last backup in March of 2018 was successful using Win 10.  I assume the last Win10 software update push is responsible for causing the problem.

I will attempt to try your suggestions and search Google for some other ideas.

Thanks, 😉

HP Recommended

@DFloyd02

You are welcome.

I reread my post; there is a certain element of doom in my comments.   Smiling.

Most of of what we hear about this software on the forum comes from people who have suddenly lost access to their data in the SimpleSave backups.   You are fortunate to have access to your files.

Good luck!

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.