1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Support Assistant Dialogue box wont go away

HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My system automatically updated to Windows 10 last week.  Now I can't get rid of or "respond" to the HP Support Assistant Dialogue pop up  "Important Action needed" - It won't respond to the Cancel, View now or the Postpone button, and now my task bar icons are not responding (including my Windows Start button on task bar.  The HP assistant icon on my desktop doesnt respond either - Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,979 24,630 2,874 10,648
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sharosam, welcome to the forum.

I suggest uninstalling HP Support Assistant and reinstalling the latest version here.  Win 10 has a habit of not playing nice with some of HP's apps.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,979 24,630 2,874 10,648
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sharosam, welcome to the forum.

I suggest uninstalling HP Support Assistant and reinstalling the latest version here.  Win 10 has a habit of not playing nice with some of HP's apps.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation