Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I am trying uninstall HP Support Assistant, I have tried using MsiExec and UninstallHPSA.exe but it always prompts about savings personal settings. I need it to be totally silent - any ideas?

Thanks Suz x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have found the solution. To silently uninstall  HP Support Assistant you need to do the following

Delete HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Hewlett-Packard\HPActiveSupport

Then run 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\UninstallHPSA.exe" /s /v/qn UninstallKeepPreferences=FALSE

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SuzzieLaptop You can choose to delete personal settings as well, if you are going to be removing the programs, it's settings doesn't have to be on the device either, 

Please do that and if that doesn't help, try the below steps:

I suggest you create a new use account and check if that works, if that doesn't help, you may want to follow the below steps to uninstall the program, and then install a fresh copy using this link: click here for details.

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure : Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen to uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi  Riddle_Decipher

Many thanks for the response, unfortunately I am trying to do this silently via the command line using msiexec. I have tried the  

UninstallKeepPreferences=TRUE switch, but it keeps prompting the question about keeping preferences. How can I stop this prompt?

Suz

HP Recommended

I have found the solution. To silently uninstall  HP Support Assistant you need to do the following

Delete HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Hewlett-Packard\HPActiveSupport

Then run 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\UninstallHPSA.exe" /s /v/qn UninstallKeepPreferences=FALSE

HP Recommended

@SuzzieLaptop I'm glad you've got that sorted,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.