Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-17-2022 02:47 PM
Since December 2021 my HP Support Assistant is not working properly.
- The User Interface of the main screen is broken. Probably a missing style sheet?
- Downloading and Re-installing HP Support Assistant does not fix this.
- There is no way to Uninstall HP Support Assistant as the application does not list in the control panel programs list either.
Please provide a solution to completely uninstall and reinstall HP Support Assistant or a fix to this user interface issue.
01-17-2022 04:05 PM - edited 01-17-2022 04:09 PM
To solve this problem, try the following solution:
- On the keyboard, press the Windows and X keys simultaneously.
- Click on Windows PowerShell (Admin) or Command Prompt (admin) and then click Yes.
- Command Prompt: Type powershell get-appxpackage -allusers *HPSupportAssistant* | remove-appxpackage, then press Enter key. The uninstallation of HP Support Assistant is performed.
Windows PowerShell: Type get-appxpackage -allusers *HPSupportAssistant* | remove-appxpackage, then press Enter key. The uninstallation of HP Support Assistant is performed.
- Restart the computer.
- Download and install the HP Support Assistant application available through the following HP link: www.hp.com/go/hpsupportassistant.
Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.
01-17-2022 04:15 PM
IF you are using the HPSA application to update your HP software and drivers,
Know that there have not been any updates for this model since 2020.
What does this mean?
You do not need (or really want) HPSA to constantly check for new updates - it won't work and it is largely a waste of resources.
You need only check once in a while a the Software and Drivers website support to see if anything changes (if any updates are ever added).
If the version of the HPSA you are running is 9.x, it is the application type.
Find the HP Support Assistant application in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features
If you choose to do so,
Uninstall the app > Restart the computer > "Get" a new copy of the app from the Microsoft Store
Will reinstalling fix the HPSA?
Likely not - but since the Automatic Updates check cannot find any updates, it might be that HPSA is already doing what it can do.
Optional >> Switch OFF "Software Updates Settings"
Example - HPSA Settings - Auto-Updates
HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community