Level 2
15 10 1 3
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant and ROM firmware updates

HP Recommended
HPSA 8.8.24.33
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have three HP units. Z210, compaq pro 6300 & Compaq 8200 elite desktops. All have the latest HPSA installed 8.8.24.33. Everything has been working well for many years, in fact I have been quite impressed with the previous firmware and bios updates that were taken care of without any fuss.

In HPSA > My Devices >

I notice that the 8200 has a message in HPSA that there is a ROM firmware update and two drivers for the 6300, with NO mention of this on the HPSA of the 6300 itself.

I see a HPSA message on the 6300 that there is ROM firmware update for the 8200, with NO mention about it on the 8200 itself. 

I see that the Z210 has a message in HPSA that there are the 3 updates for the 6300 and just the 1 for the 8200...

So there is a wire crossed somewhere there within HPSA..?!?

Ignoring the mixed messages, I am unable to install the update on either the 8200 or 6300 because HPSA says that I need to login on that machine to complete the installation. I usually operate the 6300 & 8200 through windows remote desktop, have done for many years, but I closed the RDP and I am physically logged into the machines.. 

What is going on and how to sort it out and more importantly how to update the units with the correct updates.?????

I have uninstalled HPSA on one machine and reinstalled, but no diff..

help please.. thanks

6300.jpg8200.jpgZ210.jpg

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation