Mick1952
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant not communicating properly with other devices

HP Recommended
510-p026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep getting the red ! on my support assistant icon. When I open it, it shows multiple updates for my other devices are available. When I open Support Assistant on those other devices, they show up to date. I have uninstalled Support Assistant and reinstalled with no positive results. Any ideas ?

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,840 26,713 1,467 1,539
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mick1952

Welcome to HP support community.

Uninstall the HP support assistant from your PC and try creating a new user account and install the latest version of HP support assistant and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about how to create a user account. Click Here

Uninstall the HP support assistant and install the latest version from the link below.

In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.
On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.
Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.
Restart your computer to complete the process.

Update the HP support assistant using this link. Click Here

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot HP support assistant issues.

If the issue still persists I would suggest you download Revo uninstaller from google and uninstall all the components for HP support assistant from your PC.

And install the latest version of HP support assistant using this link. Click Here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation