Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Support assistant
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a two-month old laptop that is running slow.

When I click on the HP Support Assistant, it says it's not working. I assume I've missed some upgrades and that is why I am having problems.

The Support Assistant was working OK a couple of weeks ago.

How do I get it working again? In layman's terms would help.

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think you need to uninstall the current version of HPSA before you reinstall.  I saw a post from last year which indicated:

1)  Go to "control panel...programs...programs and features."  You will see a list of installed programs. 

2)  Highlight "HP Support Assistant" and right click to uninstall. 

3)  Then highlight "HP Support Solutions Framework" and right click to uninstall.

4)  Navigate to C:\Program Files (X86)\Hewlett Packard\ and delete "HP Support Framework" folder.

5)  Download and run HP Support Assistant software installer.

6)  Launch HP Support Assistant and select "About" and select "Check for Latest Version."  Wait for HPSA to update to the latest version which, in the USA, seems to be 8.4.19.3.

I just performed the above steps and all of my problems with HPSA were resolved.

Regards...

PS - note that the above steps are used on a Windows 7 (64-bit) OS.  I see you have Windows 10 and I presume the steps would be (should be) similar.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TimDunkley

Please re-install  HP Support Assistan (HPSA):

(a) Download HPSA from the following site (using a link in there),

(b) Save on your computer (remember where),

(c) Right click the downloaded file and select Run as administrator.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice.

As there was no website mentioned, I went to http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_ww/en/any/pps/pl... and downloaded it.

I ran it from my downloads but got the message: "A newer version of HP Support Assistant is installed. Set-up will now close."

As I said, I am a layman in computer terms.

HP Recommended

I think you need to uninstall the current version of HPSA before you reinstall.  I saw a post from last year which indicated:

1)  Go to "control panel...programs...programs and features."  You will see a list of installed programs. 

2)  Highlight "HP Support Assistant" and right click to uninstall. 

3)  Then highlight "HP Support Solutions Framework" and right click to uninstall.

4)  Navigate to C:\Program Files (X86)\Hewlett Packard\ and delete "HP Support Framework" folder.

5)  Download and run HP Support Assistant software installer.

6)  Launch HP Support Assistant and select "About" and select "Check for Latest Version."  Wait for HPSA to update to the latest version which, in the USA, seems to be 8.4.19.3.

I just performed the above steps and all of my problems with HPSA were resolved.

Regards...

PS - note that the above steps are used on a Windows 7 (64-bit) OS.  I see you have Windows 10 and I presume the steps would be (should be) similar.

HP Recommended

I tried this and am still not able to install HP Support Assistant on my HP Envy 700-074 desktop.

Any other recommendations?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.