Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP AIO 22 - c0xx Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC is just over one year old - is HP Support Assistant still FREE ?

​AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, in effect HP Support Assistant is always free. You can download the version 9.4.105 here: 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95226.exe

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

The HPSA was installed as new, it shows as an icon on my taskbar.

From what you say It just carries on as normal, no further action by me.

Latest version  given as 8.8.24.33 - I have it.

HP Recommended

No, it is normal, you can click on this icon if you want to use it. 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended
IMPORTANT Can I totally rely on HPSA to take full care of updating my system components including drivers and BIOS and to notify me when such updates are available.
HP Recommended

Hello, you can in effect use HPSA to update your drivers, and in his settings you can activate notification for updates and configure this frequency. 
But I don't recommend to you upgrade the BIOS if you PC works correctly because it is a risked operation and you risk to brick your motherboard. 

HP Recommended

HPSA has shown an update for BIOS  twice and I have updated it each time.

I trusted HPSA to know what it is doing  since my PC is an HP computer.

HP Recommended

Generally BIOS can be updated with any problem, but it is just a risk. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.