DJS4
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant

HP Recommended
870-137c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For months I have been told by the HP Support Assistant that I needed to update something, but after the Assistant looks through my computer it declares: nothing to update. How can I stop this badgering? thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,555
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DJS4, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

1. Uninstall HP Support Assistant.

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure : Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
      NOTE: 

If HP Support Assistant is not listed or does not uninstall correctly, install the latest HP Support Assistant version without uninstalling the old version. After HP Support Assistant is installed and working, repeat the uninstall steps.

3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm that you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant. Restart your computer to complete the process.

Figure : Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen for uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  2. When the uninstall process is complete, open a Web browser and go to the HP Support Assistant website. Follow these steps to download HP Support Assistant:

1. Click Download HP Support Assistant.

Figure : HP Support Assistant website

HP Support Assistant webpage with Download HP Support Assistant selected
    2. When the download bar is displayed at the bottom of the screen, click Save.

3. When the download completes, click Run, then follow the on-screen instructions. This might take a few minutes to complete.

4. When the installation completes, select Yes, then click Finish to restart the system.

5. When the system restarts, the HP Support Assistant  icon displays on the task bar. Click the icon to open the application.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
DJS4
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did the suggestions.  Today again told there were two upgates.  Ran the Support assistant after waiting again for it to interrogate m computer it says no updates available!

0 Kudos
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,555
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DJS4

Follow the steps below-

Step 1 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 2 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation