Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Support assistant stopped working. It said to uninstall and reinstall it. I have tried that. When I click on the HP Support icon now I get a message that I will need a new app to open this link. I cant give the exact model of the PC unless the Support Assistant open to look it up. That is how all this started I was looking into upgrading my C drive SSD.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @woldsweather I am HP Support Assistant's PM and we are aware of this issue and working tirelessly around the clock to resolve this problem. In meantime, you can follow my updates on this thread: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Support-Assistant-quot-Applic...

I will check-in with you on Monday once I have the link to the fix version. Please stay tuned and let me know if I can answer anything else related to HP support Assistant.

- HPSA PM

HP Recommended

I have uninstalled HPSA 9.6.838.0 from my Elite X2 G4. I reboot, then download version 9.6.714.0 from HPSA official page, when I open the file, it extracted the content to my SSD, then start installation. After that the installer just quit, stated tha5 I have a new version on my system,

can you please offer instruction on hopes can I completely uninstall HPSA from my system ao that I can reinstall HPSA on my system?

I think that there are remaking items of the newer version on my system even after uninstalled HPSA already.

please provide instruction on how to completely remove ZHPSA to allow me to reinstall it

thank for support an

HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience. Those of you whose HPSA is working normally, please Do NOT take any further action as you are updated from store directly with v9.6.839.0.

Those of you who are still struggling with this issue:

1. Right-Click on your Windows Stat Menu and click Apps & Features

2. Scroll down until you find HP Support Assistant

3. Click on Uninstall 

4. A dialog will appear for "Keep Preferences", Click No

5. Close any browser window that may open up.

Note: If you don’t currently have HPSA installed and are seeing that message "A newer version of HPSA is installed" Please proceed with Step #6 below:

6. Go to our HPSA page: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

7. Before you click on download HPSA button, press Ctrl+R button on your keyboard to clear any browser cache. Then click on the download button

8. Once downloaded, open the file and continue clicking Next button and let the installation finish. Once installed successfully, you should see a prompt "HP Support Assistant has been installed successfully"

9. Click on your start menu and type: HP Support Assistant or HPSA icon on Desktop and open the app and it should open normally as before.

Thank you for the patience as we worked through this issue and sincerely apologize to everyone's inconvenience.

-HPSA PM 

HP Recommended

Xavier

When I click uninstall in Settings - Apps and Feature, there is nothing ask me to keep or not to keep preferences. It just run and uninstall HPSA. My version of Windows 101 is 20H2. And my HP is Elite X2 G4.

Kindly review this problem. Some people stated that 20H2 will not ask for keep or not keep preferences, and that is why remaining of HPSA on the system block new installation.

Can you please give instruction how to manually remove remain8ng of HPSA so I can start fresh

Also, HPSA official webpage still display version 9.6.714.0 for download, not 9.6.939.0. This is confusion and please foc

thank for instruction and aupport

HP Recommended

@Sanchai  - If you review my steps again, please look at #7 - This is one is a important step to see the latest version updated on the webpage.

Regarding the preference dialog - Not all users will have that, it's mainly for those who had certain settings setup a particular way. Rest assured, your HPSA is uninstalled properly once the uninstall is finished without the preference dialog box.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.