Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
T730
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Has anyone managed to create a custom Win10 LTSB/LTSC image with HP Hotkey Filter installed and working?

I downloaded the msi installer from HP Thin Update and install it onto a Win10 LTSB VM (I'm using this VM to create the image), but the service does not install and so the hotkey filter does not work. The control panel settings complain that the service does not exist. I can't figure out why it's not working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Resolved my own issue: using an API monitor I was able to determine that the HPHotkeyFilterSvc.exe /Install does a hardware check of some sort (via system firmware api calls). If it's not a physical HP machine or thin client, the service will refuse to run or install itself, preventing use of the software on non-HP systems including reference VMs. The service installs and works fine on a physical T730 - so I'll just add a step to install the service during MDT task sequence.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Resolved my own issue: using an API monitor I was able to determine that the HPHotkeyFilterSvc.exe /Install does a hardware check of some sort (via system firmware api calls). If it's not a physical HP machine or thin client, the service will refuse to run or install itself, preventing use of the software on non-HP systems including reference VMs. The service installs and works fine on a physical T730 - so I'll just add a step to install the service during MDT task sequence.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.