Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP support solutions framework  service has been using more than 90% of CPU for an hour or more

version is 8.6.14.19

is it needed on my PC?  how can I get it to use less CPU so I can actually use the PC

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings @arcobelina

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that your computer is running slow are HP Support Solutions framework is taking a lot of resources. 

Kudos to you for checking the task manager. 

May I know the product/model number of your computer? Click here for assistance. Do not share the serial number of your computer. 

Any new computer will have a lot of updates to be installed on the computer, during which the computer will be slow for the first 7 to 10 days. 

Recommend you run HP Support assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here. 

Once all the drivers are updated, if HP support solutions are still talking a lot of resources, you can uninstall it from programs and features. 

For other solutions for slow performance please click here

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks chimney 

the product number is QU219AA#ABG

I am checking updates as you suggested

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing the product number. Please do run HPSA to check for updates and if the issue persists, please run a system test on your computer. Click here for assistance.

Keep me posted.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Support solutions framework was running until I checked for updates as suggested.

I havent seen it since.

I  lie.  I opened this support page and it turned up in task manager using 2%

strange? or designed to be that way?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, glad that the computer is working fine now. Please do observe your computer and post on our forums for any assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the same problem , high CPU usage on my Dell Optiplex 960 on Win7. I don't think the make and model makes a difference. It was very hard to ID the problem until digging way into the Task Manager, and into Performanace tab and then into Resource Monitor. Then I was finally able to ID the crippling item.

So this little turd "hp support solutions framework service" was easy to disable in "Services". End of story. No need to update an be bothered with another problem child in the future.

To HP: Go TEAM!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.