Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (431 Views)

HPDM Agent reinstall

Product Name: HP T620 Thin Clients
Operating System: Other

Does anyone know how to reinstall the HPDM agent, usually native to a thin client, that has had it removed? 

I cannot use the HP Windows Embedded 7E image from HP that we can download for these clients, and the image that I have available for the t620 has had the HPDM Agent removed from the system; it's no longer in the control panel. I have attempted to grab the agent files from the current HPDM server located in the repository, and though it loads quite a few files and looks good to go, the HPDM Server still does not see the system.

Current Server is: HPDM 4.3 (will be upgrading to 4.7 once we're able to get this base system up and running)

I have no error logs to give, since I believe the issue with the client not reporting to HPDM is the fact that it no longer has an agent installed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 2 of 3 (404 Views)

Re: HPDM Agent reinstall

I found this in another post; posted by Chen_HPDM:

The agent files are in already in your DM Repository

- For WES 64 bit Agent, you can copy the agent file and double click it to install.

- For 32 bit Agent: 

copy the update.exe and hpdmagent.exe to thin client manually 

Create run.cmd file in the same folder as above with command of:

copy .\hpdmagent.exe c:\windows\temp
update c:\windows\xpeagent\hpdmagent.exe c:\windows\temp\hpdmagent.exe 0
net start hpdmagent

Execute run.cmd

Even though this ran (mostly) it failed simply because the hpdmagent services was no longer on the thin client. I attempted to recreate the service, but that does not work, as the service fails to start. 

Is this a way to run a "clean" install, or is this assuming that pieces of the original agent are still installed? 

Any ideas how to complete a complete reinstall of an agent from scratch?

Thanks!

Student
Message 3 of 3 (199 Views)

Re: HPDM Agent reinstall

I would also like to be able to do this, any update?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation