2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Hard Drive Partition

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion All in One 24 7DY80EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why does the hard drive arrive with a 1.8 Tb data partition separate to the C drive which contains all the software which then defaults everything to the C drive? Would I be better off just having one drive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonathan32
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I solved my own problem, I was asking Google the wrong question. One helpful American gentleman explained how to move your documents, music, pictures and other folders to the Data Drive, and then a second one explained how to move your OneDrive folder to the new drive. Which means that I now have a C drive with the operating system and programme files and all the documents, music and so on in the Data Drive, which will hopefully not be damaged when the software goes wrong. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jonathan32
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I solved my own problem, I was asking Google the wrong question. One helpful American gentleman explained how to move your documents, music, pictures and other folders to the Data Drive, and then a second one explained how to move your OneDrive folder to the new drive. Which means that I now have a C drive with the operating system and programme files and all the documents, music and so on in the Data Drive, which will hopefully not be damaged when the software goes wrong. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation