11 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Hard Drive Partitioning

HP Recommended
Omen 870-130vs
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Omen came with a 2 TB hard drive partitioned into Disc 0  and Disc1.  Disc 0 has 238GB and contains the OS plus program files etc. and seems to be the default location for data files.  Disc 1 has 1.8 TB and is just sitting there.  I would like to know where to get information on how to maximize use of all this storage space.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,705 32,605 2,968 7,286
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@webbww

Basically, if stuff you download is getting stored to the "C" drive, that is the result of default download folder locations you have set in your Browsers; and the same is true in any Applications.

You need to setup folders on the other partition (let's call it "D" for the sake of discussion) and then change all your Browsers and Applications to write to "D" instead of "C".

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,705 32,605 2,968 7,286
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@webbww

Basically, if stuff you download is getting stored to the "C" drive, that is the result of default download folder locations you have set in your Browsers; and the same is true in any Applications.

You need to setup folders on the other partition (let's call it "D" for the sake of discussion) and then change all your Browsers and Applications to write to "D" instead of "C".

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

Keswickian
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just as well you don't work for hp.

Really smart answer that but how and where to you change the defaults might habe been a little more helpful.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation