Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i turn on the pc, it’s says the harddisk is not working. I have done everthing i Can to fix it, reset computer, running the pc to find the problem. Nothing is working.

anyone had the same problem and know what to do?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

In order to find what the message is implying, start tapping the Esc key and then startup the PC.  Keep tapping Esc until a popup menu appears.  Then pick diagnostics - F2 and let the routine run.  Report back with results

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I did a run off the pc it’s say everthing it good, when i turn the pc it says it cant do a auto repair of the pc

HP Recommended

If all units passed the diagnostics, then there is something amiss with the Windows 10 install.  You can make Windows 10 install media, with a working PC, from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions.  Then take that new media and boot the problem PC with that.  Try a "Repair this PC" first, instead of "Install".  Then if the media cannot repair the install, you can use this new media to reinstall Windows 10.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I downloaded it to the USB, how to i use it now?

HP Recommended

Connect the newly made USB to a USB port on the PC that is having problems.  Then start the PC.  If it fails to start the Windows install, you will need to change the boot order so the USB is first device.  To do that, follow the directions I gave above for getting the popup menu and then pick  the Startup menu F10, then go to the boot settings and pick USB.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00364979

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.