Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 R033TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone. After I installed Avast a few weeks ago, somehow the Avast Secure Browser was also installed with it. Now whenever I open a link, the secure Browser opens by itself. I want to remove this browser but don't want to remove Avast. Does anyone know how I can do this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Hillary0125 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

These might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

Content removed by author

Customer has answered her own question.

Excellent.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying. However, I had already found this and after following the mentioned methods, finally got rid of the Avast Secure Browser. 

HP Recommended

Press the WinKey+R then type 'control' hit enter. Go to programs & features, look for the avast browser in the menu, click uninstall.

If you can't see it there, then you might need to uninstall ALL of avast and re-install it being careful to look for the option to untick the browser being installed.

Usually you'll be presented with 'typical' or 'custom' install options. Go to custom, accept all default install locations etc.. but untick the browser option.

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.