Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to attached a document to email and I keep getting an error message to clear cache and cookies.  HELP!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Once the new computer arrives I can off a more detailed look at how best to adjust your system settings, cookie removal and temp file cleanup. But locate your browser cookies via the browser settings. IE for instance allows you to set the amount of cookies one stores within the browser. Often these browser settings are set from the factory too high or meaning as to allow everything at one time. Which isn't good. Bloatware type settings need to be adjusted.

One of the first things I'm going to do once the new computer arrives is NOT connect it to the internet until I clean all this bloatware off the system. These are programs or apps which are preloaded from the factory. Even the win10 apps tend to over load the system as these should be disabled or even removed.

Next you should locate your user folder as this conta us your search history within the temp folder. Open the user file, which is your account name, then locate the temp folder. Open nd delete everything in this temp folder. As I said I can have a more detailed list with images once the computer arrives as I'll have to walk myself through the same process.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.