Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
model 24-f00-10
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

How do I turn off audible notifications from my PC?  I hear alerts/chimes when I am not using it.  I cannot tell what program is causing this.  Windows 10, model 24-f00-10

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Easterli

Welcome to HP Community

We can disable the audible notifications from settings

To access Windows 10’s notification settings, click the notifications icon in the taskbar’s system tray area, then click the “All settings” button.

02_clicking_all_settings

On the main Settings screen, click the “System” option.

03_clicking_system_in_settings

Click the “Notifications & actions” category.

04_clicking_notifications_and_actions

Under the “Notifications” section, the “Get notifications from apps and other senders” option allows you to turn notifications completely off.

05_turning_notifications_off_and_on

Below the main Notifications options, there are options to disable certain apps from displaying notifications

06_clicking_outlook

To disable the notification sound for the selected app, click the “Play a sound when a notification arrives” slider button so it turns white and reads Off. 

07_turning_off_play_a_sound_option

To close the Settings window, click the “X” in the upper-right corner.

08_closing_settings

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.