Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDisplay E273
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I just bought this monitor to work from home during the crisis. I'm not able to find a way neither a software I can use to plug my laptop (MacBook Air 13') with the monitor in order to access the webcam, mic etc.

How to enable the webcam to work with Zoom, BlueJeans and those kind of app?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I do not have that model to test.  But it could be that you need to turn on USB Performance mode.  This enables the USB functionality.  It ships in Power Save mode by default to meet EnergyStar standards.

Set the power mode to Performance Mode and use a HP certified USB-C cable.
  1. Connect an HP certified USB-C cable to the monitor and computer.
  2. Press the OSD button on the monitor.
  3. Select Power Control -> Power Mode.
  4. Select Performance (no matter if USB-A or USB-C connection).

I am unable to find any specs on the camera at this time.  So I am unable to verify the built-in macOS drivers for USB cameras will work.  HP does not have any specific drivers for macOS available.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I do not have that model to test.  But it could be that you need to turn on USB Performance mode.  This enables the USB functionality.  It ships in Power Save mode by default to meet EnergyStar standards.

Set the power mode to Performance Mode and use a HP certified USB-C cable.
  1. Connect an HP certified USB-C cable to the monitor and computer.
  2. Press the OSD button on the monitor.
  3. Select Power Control -> Power Mode.
  4. Select Performance (no matter if USB-A or USB-C connection).

I am unable to find any specs on the camera at this time.  So I am unable to verify the built-in macOS drivers for USB cameras will work.  HP does not have any specific drivers for macOS available.

HP Recommended

@LineC 

If you look at page 23 of the manual for your monitor, it mentions installing Cyberlink YouCam for the camera -- and that is Windows software:  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06401485

So, it's probably NOT going to work with your Mac.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you IronBadger for your answer.
Thanks to you with your "Set the power mode to Performance Mode" solution I was able to enable the sound + the mic and the webcam on the monitor from my MAC.

Thank you very much again

Celine

HP Recommended

Thanks, it works perfectly. I use it to work at home teaching and i found it very helpful.

HP Recommended

I am glad you were able to et it working.  When it comes to things like cameras, microphones and network ports on items like docks and monitors, they typically use standard chipsets that are natively supported (at least minimally) in the OS.  If there are advanced features of the device then they may require external drivers.  I have found that in many cases in HP products the in OS generic USB drivers work fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.