Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
chromebook 360x 14 G1
Chrome OS

A notification popped up on my screen to say my device is running low on storage, I don't have many apps but I have loads of files that I need for college, is there as SD card I can get with more storage? I don't know how to use the google cloud, but my college uses office and I'd prefer to stick to that. I'm a bit useless when it comes to GB or Ramms haha any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Swarzy2_0 -- is this your computer: Chromebook x360 14 G1 (hp.com)

Its built-in solid-state memory is only 64 GB -- which, today, is quite small.   So, yes, your storage is getting full.

That web-page indicates that there is a slot for an SD card. So, you could add one, to add 64 or 128 or 256 GB of storage.  When saving your files, you will need to tell your app to store onto the drive-letter that is assigned to the SD card.

I don't know how to use the google cloud, but my college uses office and I'd prefer to stick to that.

Does your college have a "Computer Help Desk", to show you how to use Microsoft 365, and how to store your documents into the Microsoft Cloud?  As a student, your college may provide Microsoft 365 at no cost to you.

HP Recommended

@Itsmyname Oh, Thanks! I just read the spec overview there, it's a micro SD card I need to get? Is there any brands you'd recommend? And when you're saving something to it, is it like when you have a USB key in you can drag the file to the left where it says USB? 

It'll be my second year at university but my first time on Campus, I'd have to ask someone in person, because I'm studying Irish my office account is also in Irish so I can't fully understand everything. 

Thanks a million though. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.