Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L
Microsoft Windows 11

I bought OMEN 25L few months ago, there is a problem is the cpu overheating problem (usually 85-90+ degree in game, gpu is fine) so would like to do undervolting on it. My specs are Intel i7-11700F and RTX 3060ti, Recently i found that that there are overclock and undervolt options in Omen Gaming Hub on the internet(youtube) but i can't see these options in my hub. Why i don't have the options? Also the cpu is locked, how can i undervolt or are there any better ways for me to reduce cpu temperature? (btw i tried to lower cpu maximum processor rate to 99% but i suffered a great loss from that as my cpu base clock suc)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

may not be possible in BIOS.  It seems there is a way using intel app

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/how-to-disable-hyperthreading-on-omen-desktop.260523/#:~:...

CPUZ shows you are running at full turbo speed: 4.7 ghz maybe all the time

you might check your advanced power setting and see if the minimum speed is 100% and change it to about 50 so it drops down to 2.5 which is the normal speed rate for your CPU (non turbo)

[EDIT] I looked at that article again and it seems the XTU program allows a setting from 8/16 to 4/8 which is NOT the same as disabling hyperthreading.  That still means the core that is "running the game" is also allowed to run a second tasks at the same time.  As @itsmyname suggested, you may need to get additional cooling.  I have a pair of Zeons  running 24 OpenPandemic Covid  tasks concurrently and was only able to enable hyperthreading after adding liquid cooling.

I ran that XTU app for a short time thinking it could let my memory run at 3200 instead of 2666 but it was unable to change the memory speed.  I dont remember if it can disable hyperthreading or just limit the number of CPUs.  that post is several years old maybe the new XTU has that option

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@jkljl -- have you considered replacing the fan/heat-sink on top of the processor with something "high-end"?

After removing the current fan/heat-sink, remove all the "heat-paste", and replace it with some "high-end" paste, before connecting the replacement fan/heat-sink.

Do you have a fan inside the back of the computer's case, to help push heated air out the back?

Is the back of the computer's case "tight" against a wall? That is not a good position. 

I have visited a computer-store that takes the side-panel (the one that you remove to reveal the computer's inside), cuts a 3-inch circular hole in it, and installs another fan to cover that hole, to pull more hot air out from the insides of the case. That will increase the air-flow, to try to dissipate the heat.

HP Recommended

Everything @itsmyname listed will certainly run your system cooler.  

Your i7 has 4 cores and can run 8 threads:  two on each core using hyperthreading

You could go into the BIOS and disable Hyperthreading.  Usually, when gaming, only one CPU gets hot and disabling hyperthreading limits each CPU to one task at a time instead of two.  It made a difference on one of my systems.  Cutting a hole in the side and adding a fan is an excellent idea.

HP Recommended

May I ask how to disable hyperthreading in bios?

HP Recommended

I do not have your computer so I do not know the exact steps to disable hyperthreading

I believe you press F10 after you turn the power on to get into the BIOS setup. 

Look for "hyperthreading"  under advanced tools.

A quick check:

Download CPU-z and run the program.  Look for cores and threads.   If you see 4 cores and only 4 threads then hyperthreading is already disabled.

The following pictures shows 20 threads and 10 cores so this system (Area51) has it enabled.

BeemerBiker_0-1640823727075.png

HP Recommended

Oh, sorry my fault. My cpu is i7-11700F but not 10700F, and there are 8 cores and 16 threadsi7 11700F.png

HP Recommended

Bruh i can't find advanced option in omen setup utility, just like this http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06592756.pdf

HP Recommended

may not be possible in BIOS.  It seems there is a way using intel app

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/how-to-disable-hyperthreading-on-omen-desktop.260523/#:~:...

CPUZ shows you are running at full turbo speed: 4.7 ghz maybe all the time

you might check your advanced power setting and see if the minimum speed is 100% and change it to about 50 so it drops down to 2.5 which is the normal speed rate for your CPU (non turbo)

[EDIT] I looked at that article again and it seems the XTU program allows a setting from 8/16 to 4/8 which is NOT the same as disabling hyperthreading.  That still means the core that is "running the game" is also allowed to run a second tasks at the same time.  As @itsmyname suggested, you may need to get additional cooling.  I have a pair of Zeons  running 24 OpenPandemic Covid  tasks concurrently and was only able to enable hyperthreading after adding liquid cooling.

I ran that XTU app for a short time thinking it could let my memory run at 3200 instead of 2666 but it was unable to change the memory speed.  I dont remember if it can disable hyperthreading or just limit the number of CPUs.  that post is several years old maybe the new XTU has that option

HP Recommended

hi

c06592756.pdf (hp.com)

the document comes from the support page of your computer?

this may not be the right one, if you don't have the same options
and as these are documents, for several models, maybe that indeed, you cannot have the same ones
But above all, to warn you
attention, if you open the computer, to modify the components, remove the processor
You risk losing the warranty, in the event of a problem
It could very well be, but better to be warned
you broke the computer, and you might not be entitled to a free HP repair

we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Ok i guess i need to get some additional cooling then

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.